RE: Snow Load + Seismic

From: Neil Moore [mailto:nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Snow Load + Seismic

Now Randy Volgelsand disagreed with me on the Nevada requirement, but I still used the 100% requirement on the particular project as it was equipment on a roof with four enclosing walls that would not allow a run off.

But even in such an situation, wouldn’t 33% be more rational? Simply put, that’s the portion of time—a linear quantity—that such a snow condition might possibly exist. The amount of the snow load already takes into account statistical variations, so that linear quantity of time spent with snow on the roof seems reasonable to me.