Re: Simple connection eccentricity on columns

I have picked out of the tables many times myself. I was recently reviewing some HSS column sizes that RAM had generated and it was making more of a difference than I had expected, particularly at the typical perimeter of the floor (only one beam framing into the column in one direction). I need to check to make sure it is sizing them correctly with the 4.5" or so eccentricity it is estimating for the connection with 35kips of load.  What I had figured by the table could easily be an HSS 4x4x1/4, it was generating HSS 6x6x1/4's.  (It is a small access level floor, hence the small columns).

Will Haynes