RE: big dig structural failure - epoxy anchors overhead supporting gravity

For those interested, here is a new & interesting article on the Big Dig
epoxy anchors:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_on_re_us/big_dig_warning_5

To me, the one telling paragraph in the article was:

"The Herald reported that a separate memo that month indicated that bolt
holes were not properly being cleaned. "The capacity of all of the other
anchor bolts is in question and will need to be addressed," the memo
said."

This seems to be consistant with at least some of the pictures that I have
seen with a nice hardened casing of epoxy around the threaded rods that
pulled out.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI