From: Papi [mailto:papi.antoniadis(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: [Q] Moisture through capillarity - prevention/cure products?!?

I apologize if some of you have already seen this in groups' posting, but I
am
desperately looking for a lead of some sort... here is the question:
----
During a recent trip to Europe I have stumbled upon the following solution
(first link is the original French-language web site, from the company in
Belgium, while the following two links are the English translations for
the specific product I am interested in):

http://www.technichem.be/fr.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.technichem.fr
/traitements/assechement.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/sear
ch%3Fq%3Dtechnisil%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.technichem.fr/traitemen
ts/assechement-traitement.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtechnisil%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D
%26sa%3DN

(if the links wrap, you may have to "put them back together")

Here is my question: as I personally have absolutely no experience
and knowledge in the area, I was wondering if someone knows of similar
solutions available in the US, and - of course - if they'd be kind enough
to point me to the company(ies) supplying such. In addition to this, I was
interested if there was such a solution for concrete (the Belgian solution
is limited to bricks).

NOTE: A Civil Engineer that I know, working in approx. this field, has
pointed me to:

http://www.epoxysystems.com/injectn.htm

which it is not what I am looking for, as the product I am interested in
has almost microscopic (capillarity level) capabilities, while the epoxy
is a mcaroscopic (cracks-level) type of product (the way I understand the
issues).

TIA,
Papi