From: "Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc." <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 07:59 AM
Subject: Re: Rho factor for wind and gravity loads?

Steve,
You might do some research into British engineering sources.  I am going
strictly by memory. There was an explosion in a corner apartment of a
multi-storey apartment building in the 60's, caused by natural gas or
propane.  The apartments above all pancaked down, taking out the corner
of the building.  If I remember, this was attributed to lack of
redundancy, with calls for code provisions for redundancy in future
structures.  I think the apartment building was called Rowan's Point or
something like that.
Gary Hodgson