Re: Re: Roof ventilation in the mountains

Your client may need to install ducted system with a rated fire damper to/from a mechanical ventilation system.

Don

  Sleepers on the rafters, with the space power ventilated?
Jordan

ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:      How can a cathedral roof be ventilated in a mountain residencewhen all soffit and fieze blocking openings are prohibited due to firerequirements? Openings on the lower portion of the roof would work butthen you have snow blocking the vents. My client in Arrowhead (SouthernCalifornia) has developed mold in his unventilated cathedral roof so henow wants to ventilate it but can only add vents at the ridge. We beachguys have a hard time dealing with mountains and snow!  Charles Laines, S.E.  Long Beach, CA******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ****   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp* *   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers *   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To *   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:**   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp**   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you *   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted *   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web *   site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********