Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:48 AM
Subject: Roof ventilation in the mountains

How can a cathedral roof be ventilated in a mountain residence when all soffit and fieze blocking openings are prohibited due to fire requirements? Openings on the lower portion of the roof would work but then you have snow blocking the vents. My client in Arrowhead (Southern California) has developed mold in his unventilated cathedral roof so he now wants to ventilate it but can only add vents at the ridge. We beach guys have a hard time dealing with mountains and snow!
Charles Laines, S.E.
Long Beach, CA