RE: Effect of swimming pool on retaining wall

From: Will Haynes [mailto:gtg740p(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Effect of swimming pool on retaining wall

"The lateral pressure is greater for the water, but the pool walls (I'm assuming that the walls are designed without help from counteracting soil pressure) will restrain that pressure"

I am not sure about that one.

Neither am I. My assumption is that swimming pools depend a great deal upon the resistance of the soil, particularly residential pools.