Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 7:32 AM
Subject: RE: Effect of swimming pool on retaining wall

From: Will Haynes [mailto:gtg740p(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

"The lateral pressure is greater for the water, but the pool walls (I'm assuming that the walls are designed without help from counteracting soil pressure) will restrain that pressure"

I am not sure about that one.

Neither am I. My assumption is that swimming pools depend a great deal upon the resistance of the soil, particularly residential pools.