Re: Effect of swimming pool on retaining wall

Going back to first principles, The lateral pressure from a swimming pool should be counteracted by the passive pressure of the surrounding soil. If there isn't enough soil between the pool and the retaining wall to provide a full passive wedge, I'd say you've got problems. The good thing is that such an analysis shouldn't be difficult. The bad thing is that I've never applied the above analysis is real life and don't know for certain whether it fully applies or whether there are unforseen complications with the theoretical model. ;-)

Jordan