Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: holdowns in stem walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: holdowns in stem walls
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:04:59 -0500
From: Haan, Scott M
ACI 318 appendix D formulas are for unreinforced concrete - somebody has borrowed our office code books or I would refer code sections.
There are provisions for “supplementary reinforcement” defined in D.4.2.1, and the Commentary RD.5.3.3 mentions “confining reinforcement, such as closely spaced spirals throughout the headed region.”
In other words, ACI 318 App. D is pretty nebulous about the contribution of reinforcement, but it does recognize it. My take on it is, you need to make sure that reinforcement area is provided specifically for the anchors, not just count on the reinforcement provided for other purposes.
- Prev by Subject: Re: holdowns in stem walls
- Next by Subject: honeycomb
- Previous by thread: Re: holdowns in stem walls
- Next by thread: swimming pools