Re: live load to resist uplift from snow load?

When it snows in the middle of the night, will the designer and his buddies rush to the building to keep the interior ends of the joists down?  Isn't this similar to not combining roof snow loads and floor live loads when calculating live load reductions on columns?

Haan, Scott M POA wrote:
I was asked about using live load to resist uplift from snow load. The situation is wood trusses spanning 30 something feet sitting on the cantilevered ends of wood joists.  The designer wants to use live load so that the interior end of the joists do not need an uplift connection and the ends of the beam supporting cantilevered joists does not need an uplift connection.

 It seems intuitive to me that you should not use live load to resist uplift from snow because live load is make-believe and can be removed by definition and the live load and snow load would not necessarily occur at the same time.

I cannot find a code section or notes next to load combinations  that says you cannot do this.  However, I seem to remember a local home builders floor that started to bow up before  the 2 feet of stacked newspapers could be put on the cantilevered joists.

Does the code allow you to use live load to resist uplift from snow?  Does anyone ever use live load to resist uplift from snow or other live load for that matter?