Re: Lateral forces through deflection track

A Simpson S/HTC4 will give you 390 plf in-plane shear transfer.  If you shear is higher that that, I would second the thought about making the stud wall bearing.  The other benefit to that is, in the future, the building owner would probably think twice about taking out a bearing wall.  To anyone other than the original design engineer, a non-bearing wall = removable partition.