From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:52 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Steel deflection track on wood walls

How is a wood partition wall detailed such that it cannot accidently act as a bearing wall?  I'm contemplating a steel deflection track over the top of the wood wall.  I'm sure it would work, but the carpenters might ask why I missed something obvious.

The top of the wall sets directly under a parallel steel beam.

Jim Wilson

Stroudsburg, PA