From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:24 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: old foundation block deterioration

I'm searching for technical information on deterioration of old cinder(or cement) block foundation walls about 50 years old, but I'm not having much luck searching on the web.  The deterioration is so bad in one area of this client's foundation wall that you could literally scoop the deteriorated masonry out of the bottom course with a bare hand.

I also browsed through Brown's foundation book and Newman's renovation book, but came up mostly empty there too.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Wilson, PE

Stroudsburg, PA