Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Shoring on cantilevered retaining walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Shoring on cantilevered retaining walls
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:25:49 -0700
I'm working on a garage that is dug into a hillside lot. This is a single family residence. I can't slope the cut at 1:1 without crossing the property line. The depth of cut is about 10 ft. A concrete contractor suggested embeding W8x13 steel beams @ 24" oc into the back side of an enlarged heel of the retaining wall footing. then placing plywood on the back side to retain the dirt. I can make the calcs work for this but is there a better way to do this?
thanks for suggestions
- Prev by Subject: RE: Shop Drawing Review
- Next by Subject: Re: Shoring on cantilevered retaining walls
- Previous by thread: RE: Welded headed Shear Studs
- Next by thread: Re: Shoring on cantilevered retaining walls