From: Kestner, James W. [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:36 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Welded headed Shear Studs

If a contractor decides to fillet weld headed studs to a beam instead of creating a full pen weld using a stud gun, is that equivalent in strength? I know this depends upon the fillet weld size but I thought I remember hearing something in the past that told me they are not equivalent. I cannot seem to find my reference right now.
Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Jim K.