RE:

Personally, I think that was probably smart. And if there was a problem with dissimilar metals between the unfinished steel and the galvanizing on the bolts, wouldn’t that be true for the zinc and the “raw” bolt material beneath?

(I admit ignorance).

From: Ken E. Paquette [mailto:KEP(--nospam--at)brph.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Does anyone know of any problems concerning the use of mechanically galvanized bolts with raw unfinished steel to be spray on fire-proofed.

For simplicity on a complicated project we called for mechanically galvanized bolts everywhere instead of getting surprised during construction as to where the galvanized bolts are actually installed.

Thanks

Kenneth Paquette P.E.