Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
HDPE Plastic sheet[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: HDPE Plastic sheet
- From: "Avicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:52:21 -0700
I have a client who is proposing hanging a series of (approx wt 12 lb) granite tablets onto an HDPE 1/4" thick sheet, which in turn is attached to a concrete backing. The problem is that holes will be cut out of the sheet to allow future access into the spaces behind the sheet. The project is an extension to an existing cemetary columbarium, and the spaces are ashes urn cubicles.
I don't know this product yet, and I am addressing the issue of long term creep/deformation in the screw/bolt holes.
Does anyone have experience with this stuff as a "structural" element.
Thor Tandy P.Eng MIStructE
- Prev by Subject: H-1B update Part II
- Next by Subject: RE: HDPE Plastic sheet
- Previous by thread: Re: Corbels
- Next by thread: RE: HDPE Plastic sheet