From: Tom Skaggs [mailto:tom.skaggs(--nospam--at)apawood.org]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:43 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ICC Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities

I was at a timber engineering conference earlier this week.  One of the speakers mentioned the ICC Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities.  Has anyone on this list used these codes for seismic design of buildings?  Has any code official approved designs per this code?

I’m aware of performance based design being used for multi-story buildings, however, I’m unclear if these designs are following the performance code or following performance provisions in the IBC (Section 1618.1, Dynamic Analysis procedures for seismic design of buildings).

The ICC performance code is new to me, I’m curious if others have any experience.

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.

Senior Engineer