Re: ot - Las Vegas

Definitely stop by the Hoover Dam (about 1/2 hour southeast of LV) and for some non-structural fun, go to the Valley of Fire, which is north of LV, past a place called Red Rocks. Any hotel you stay in will have directions to these two places. As an engineer involved in the design of buildings, you'll probably also be interested in anything on the Strip. It will be HOT, but at least it is a DRY heat! Have a good time.

From: "Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc." <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ot  -  Las Vegas
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 08:25:41 -0400

Listers,
I am going to Las Vegas, albeit reluctantly, for a week-next Wed. It's vacation. But I say reluctantly, because I have a lot of work to do and I don't like hot temperatures--another couple talked us into meeting them there. It's my first time, so I would appreciate any tips on what to see. I am not that much into gambling nor do I know any structural engineers who are, but I am told I will like the structures. For that reason, I am looking forward to it and a chance for a breather, and maybe to discover some new beers. TIA
Gary