Re: Level of Detailing

Although I only graduated in January and have been working at a structural eng company since, I do know where you are coming from. At an internship that I had, the SE was a 9 or 10. Very very detailed. I thought that was good until someone explained that not only are you wasting time and money, but also you take on more responsibility the more detailed that you become.

At the company that I work for now, the general acceptance is to produce drawings with a level of detail of about 4 to 5. This is hard for me because I tend to be very meticilious and detailed, but I understand the concept that too much detail may be a bad thing.