Re: Level of Detailing

I must be about an 8 in my heart, based on the drawing packages I've seen from other engineers. I tend to want to work out the different intersections to make certain things will fit/mate in the field, and if I'm going to sketch it up to scale, I may as well put it on the drawings. It's also likely a holdover from mechanical design work, where product drawings showed each part detailed and dimensioned to ANSI Y14.5.

I'm trying to come off of the detail-heavy set a bit, and schedules can turn my pipe dreams of a good 8 set into a semi-embarrassing 2 with a bunch of plan notes from time to time. I still think about trying to hold a 4 or 5 when I'm laying out plans...you can kill yourself trying to catch everything.

Jordan