Re: ot - Las Vegas

> From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>

> A must is going to the Stratosphere and get on the ride that shoots you
> upward. Unfortunately for me, I had to take off my glasses and couldn't
> appreciate the view on the ride (and I was scared shitless for the first
> time in my life on a roller coaster),

Do it at night ... it's a whole different ride and you won't need your
glasses. Base is 950' above grade and they rocket you up another 150' or
so. You lose all normal references.

I happened to get paired with another RC fan. We both came away with the
same perspective. And for the first time in my life, I paid for those
kitschy photos and did not line up for a second trip.

> I spent 2 days there and that was good enough, but would like to go back for
> another weekend sometime soon.

I will go back, once, so my wife can see the world's largest spectacle
of human extravagance.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International