RE: Level of Detailing

From: Will Haynes [mailto:gtg740p(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Level of Detailing

Yes, there is a certain point that some engineers cross where I think they are wasting company time. And when you are in an environment where others are taking it to the extreme, I think there is peer pressure to conform or you feel that your drawings will be looked down on.

My experience is the opposite.

I think that Architects’ and Engineers’ fees are now so “competitive” that they have to put out “abbreviated” drawings to compete. Then the owner hires someone like us to to “peer review” during construction to fill in the blanks.