More on level of Detailing

I am curious as to the number of detail sheets that other engineers send out for a job. I work for a small engineering company and our work consists of large custom homes and smaller commercial bldgs. For example say that you had a 2 story single family home with a total floor area of around 6-8000 sf. In general how many detail sheets would you use?

We have 2 general details and the PE realy does not like it when I draw specific details. I am just trying to get a sense of what I should be doing because this is the first job I have had out of school.