RE: More on level of Detailing

 >   I made assumptions that information would be provided by the client and it wasn't, so it turned out to be not profitable,

gm-

This has been my biggest problem. Some architects and most "designers" come in with pretty pictures and expect me to make the thing constructible. I have tried contract clauses requiring what I deem to be essential architectural information, i.e. building elevations, sections, etc.., in an attempt to push them to visualize the design a bit and control changes down the road to protect myself from the scenario you mention. I am typically accused of being unreasonable.

Does anyone else require a specific amount of architectural info upfront?

Michel Blangy