From: Stanley E Scholl [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: What is it about Condos

The only engineers still doing condos that I know of are from Israel and
who have a license here, and our friend who has his office in the Cayman
Islands.
You don't have to have any structural errors to become liable. When they
sue they name everyone who had anything to do with the project from the
swimming pool guy to the HVAC person. So if the roof leaks, you can be
sure that you will be a party to it if you are the structural engineer
and you will find that it is much less costly to pay $5 grand or so than
to pay your attorney to defend you.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA