above ground post-tension floor slab

I have a client who wishes to use a post-tension floor slab for a new custom home.  Her lot is in a flood plane so the building pad needs to be built up 30 inches.  I was planning on using a tall strip footing around the perimeter with an engineered fill to accomplish this.  The slab is being designed by the soils engineer.  What kind of connection from strip footing to post-tension slab is typically used?  Are typical dowels OK or would the tensioning process be problematic for this condition?  The soils for building up the pad are required to be local material which is moderately to severely expansive, so I'm not sure it's OK to not use any perimeter strip footings extending down into undisturbed soil or not (creating a moisture break).  Thanks in advance.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.

Pemberton Engineering
502 Mace Blvd., Suite 2B
Davis, CA 95616