RE: More on level of Detailing

This practice almost certainly violates the copyright.  Note the paragraph on inside cover of the building code.

I taught a seminar a few years ago and wanted to use excerpts out of the IBC/IRC.  The conference organizer requested permission, and was granted fairly limited permission to copy/distribute pertinent sections.

Tom

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:11
To: davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: More on level of Detailing

I've seen this done and always wondered about the copyright issues involved.  Does anyone have a handle on them?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 8/15/06 2:10:33 PM, davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:

There is no guarantee that a contractor will read the gen'l notes.  We had notes to refer the GC to the Nailing Schedule in the UBC.  After a few site visits to different jobs, no contractor had a copy of the UBC, let alone where to look for such a nailing schedule.  We basically reprinted the table onto our drawings after that.