however. But I know a similar schedule can be found in as old as 1955
UBC, which says the code is for public safety, etc.....

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

>>> tom.skaggs(--nospam--at)apawood.org 8/16/2006 12:38 PM >>>
This practice almost certainly violates the copyright.  Note the
paragraph on inside cover of the building code.

I taught a seminar a few years ago and wanted to use excerpts out of
the IBC/IRC.  The conference organizer requested permission, and was
granted fairly limited permission to copy/distribute pertinent
sections.

Tom

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:11
To: davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: More on level of Detailing

I've seen this done and always wondered about the copyright issues
involved.  Does anyone have a handle on them?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 8/15/06 2:10:33 PM,
davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com<mailto:davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> writes:

There is no guarantee that a contractor will read the gen'l notes.  We
had notes to refer the GC to the Nailing Schedule in the UBC.  After a
few site visits to different jobs, no contractor had a copy of the UBC,
let alone where to look for such a nailing schedule.  We basically
reprinted the table onto our drawings after that.