Re: seismic provisions in building codes

They vary from 0 to about 55% of the dead load, depending on the distance
from the nearest fault, the influence of the engineers vs. the property
owners, the type of building and many other things.

Stan Scholl, P.E.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:23:37 -0500 "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>