RE: above ground post-tension floor slab -FLOOD

>>> dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com 8/16/2006 2:34 PM >>>
Mark:

> Be careful about the detailing of the slab and foundation wall.

> When I did homes on Cape Cod, we had to detail openings and open
areas

> Under the first floor structure to allow rising water to "enter and
exit"
> the crawl space.

OR, the structure must be designed to resist hydrostatic and
hydrodynamic forces. Check the FEMA guidlines.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610