RE: More on level of Detailing

But some engineers have been putting the UBC nailing requirements on their drawings for over 40 years and probably longer.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
Shingle Springs, CA

At 12:38 PM 8/16/2006, Tom Skaggs wrote:
This practice almost certainly violates the copyright.  Note the paragraph on inside cover of the building code.

I taught a seminar a few years ago and wanted to use excerpts out of the IBC/IRC.  The conference organizer requested permission, and was granted fairly limited permission to copy/distribute pertinent sections.

Tom

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [ mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:11
To: davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: More on level of Detailing

I've seen this done and always wondered about the copyright issues involved.  Does anyone have a handle on them?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 8/15/06 2:10:33 PM, davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:

There is no guarantee that a contractor will read the gen'l notes.  We had notes to refer the GC to the Nailing Schedule in the UBC.  After a few site visits to different jobs, no contractor had a copy of the UBC, let alone where to look for such a nailing schedule.  We basically reprinted the table onto our drawings after that.