How to export 3D DXF from Autocad to Staad Pro

Dear Fellow Engineers I have a stiffened water tank of a complicated geometry that I need to analyse using Staad Pro. The geometry is so complicated that it will be much faster if I can import it into staad. The architect sent me a 3D model of the tank in Autocad. For some reason when I create a DXF file using Autocad and try to import it in Staad using the "3D DXF import command", I do not get anything imported in Staad except very few nodes and lines. Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks
S. Shukry, Ph.D,