Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

            Dave Lowen said, “I spent a little time doing an informal survey of estimators, PM's, draftsmen, shop and field people and found that about one in six owned a scale.”

            Around here the estimators scale all the time on architectural drawings, because they do not provide the information that Christopher Wright lists as required on their drawings. And then we explain all that we intend to do in our proposals to the GCs/owners/CMs, because otherwise there is just the confusion the Christopher describes. Yet we still get architects that say, “The design intent has always been….”

            Further, my experience is that any reprographic method that pulls a sheet through a scanner can slightly change the scale in the direction of pulling. It is not limited to obsolete liquid methods.

            Jim getaz

            Precast Concrete Engineer

            Winchester, Virginia