Re: How to export 3D DXF from Autocad to Staad Pro

Did you communicate with STAAD tech support? I would suggest that you start with them.

sakla2005(--nospam--at) wrote:
Dear Fellow Engineers

I have a stiffened water tank of a complicated geometry that I need to
analyse using Staad Pro. The geometry is so complicated that it will be
much faster if I can import it into staad. The architect sent me a 3D model
of the tank in Autocad. For some reason when I create a DXF file using
Autocad and try to import it in Staad using the "3D DXF import command", I
do not get anything imported in Staad except very few nodes and lines. Can
anyone help me with this problem.

S. Shukry, Ph.D,

* Read list FAQ at:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
* site at: