RE: Getting Windoze 2000 to Accept "Smart Ring"

Another one that I have seen is myFax (www.myfax.com).

As Bill mentioned, I am sure there are others.

The one potential "advantage" of eFax is they do offer a free service,
assuming that you have VERY limited fax needs (i.e. no more than 20
incoming pages per month).

Personally, I have not made the jump to such a service, but my fax line is
now done through VOIP rather than the phone company.  In general, this
works great and only costs me about $10 per month.  I also then have my
second line through VOIP (Vonage).  I now use this line for all my calls
except local calls since I can call anywhere in the US, Canada and major
European countries as part of my month charge (i.e. no per minute fees).
In general, this works great, but occasionally there are some issues such
as when my Internet connection or the Vonage connection specifically is
"flaky".

I have to admit that I have considered the idea of the Internet fax
account as the idea of getting the faxes in email is potentially useful.
If so, then I could get my faxes on my Treo when I am out and about.
There is a similar feature for Vonage's voicemail that I like...Vonage's
voicemail can send you an email notifying you that someone called and left
a message and can even send the message as a WAV file.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI