Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

On Aug 20, 2006, at 3:15 PM, Daryl Richardson wrote:

I'm sure that any of the older engineers on the list will be able to confirm that the origin of the practice of not scaling drawings originated from the fact that the liquid based printing processes of the 1950s and 1960s stretched the paper when printing.

Paper stretching is the least problem. I've seen draftmen who can draw a straight line freehand draft drawings with just a sharp pencil (no scale, no triangles, no t-square, etc.) that looked like they were perfectly drawn to scale with such equipment. How do you deal with that?