Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

Well, some senior engineers and designers might remember that there are times when you do not want to draw to scale.  Usually when something won't stand out enough if you draw to scale.  One extreme example is when there is a beam show on a plan view with another beam directly below or above it.  In that case I draw the beam about 1' away and dimension the distance as 0" and provide the top of beam elevation.  Similiary, detailing a 1/4" plate sometimes makes the plate impossible to see, so it ends up 3/4" thick or so in the detail for clarity.

But one of my favorite abbreviations is still NTS (which really stands for Not Too Sure).

Have a good day,
Paul.
Phoenix, AZ