Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
IBC Wood Shearwalls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: IBC Wood Shearwalls
- From: "Paul Feather" <PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:16:35 -0700
What is the opinion regarding whether or not section 2306.4.1 (40% increase in shearwall allowable shear for wind design) is compatible with section 1605.3.1 Load Combinations?
Or would section 2306.4.1 be considered a material increase?
Us UBC people do not have any provision for increased allowable capacities in the shearwall tables for wind design.
Also, is the .6D with .7E combination an errata? Load combinations with E have never been less than .85D.
Paul Feather PE, SE
- Prev by Subject: IBC vs. ASCE 7 (WAS: Snow Load + Seismic)
- Next by Subject: Re: IBC Wood Shearwalls
- Previous by thread: Re: cyclic load ,isotropic hardening material,ansys
- Next by thread: Re: IBC Wood Shearwalls