Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

People forget that the goal is to communicate.
Sometimes that means distorting the drawing.

Recently I had the opportunity to check steel shop
drawings prepared using one of the 3D modeling
programs.  The drawing was perfectly to scale but the
erection drawings were second rate and not all that
helpful.  The detail sheets were not as informative as
some shop drawings done by hand where things were
intentionally distorted.

Mark Gilligan