RE: Level of Detailing - round 2

Brings to mind an old boss and one of his favorite mantras “Maximize Intentions, Minimize Dimensions”

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:05 PM
To: gloomis(--nospam--at)MasterEngineersinc.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

In a message dated 8/21/06 11:30:42 AM, gloomis(--nospam--at)MasterEngineersinc.com writes:

I have seen architectural and structural plans without a
single dimension.

Once upon a (recent) time I received plans from a registered architect with NO plan dimensions at all.  When queried he told me to "Scale them!"  I of course refused and requested properly dimensioned plans, which I then received.  Shesh!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA