welding HSS to HSS

I am considering using a tube steel section to create a “bent” for a hip roof that I can’t tie horizontally.  The roof is a 20’ x 16’ hip roof with heavy tile loads and someone thought it would be nice to have a 5’ square skylight centered in middle.  I would put two of these frames on either side of the skylight in the short direction and then bear the wood framing on them.  I am trying to use a 7” section, so I think a tube might work the best.

My question is regarding the welded connections, since you can’t access both sides, how is the best way to weld the butt ends of a tube steel section together?   I can use tabs if I have to, but I have had this question with similar situations, so I thought I would ask.

Truitt Vance