Drafting or CAD standards...

The grid question reminded me of some other questions I have been
meaning to pose to the list.

How many smaller structural firms (<25 employees) utilize some form of
CAD/drafting standards, if so what was your justification to implement
said standards, i.e. what was the payback or justification for the
trouble of forcing the employees to conform to something other than
their own "standard"?

How about text types, how many people use some form of not so legible
(IMO) "architectural" type font as compared to a legible (IMO) "simplex"
font.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

M.