From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Is A-449 material available as threaded rods?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:32:50 -0700

Thanks, Harold.

Fy = 105 ksi, right?

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Bill,
If you check the McMaster web site you will find that ASTM A193 B7 is
commonly available in threaded bar stock. You will not find a listing for A

449. That is not to say A 449 is not available. It is just that A193 B7 is

much more commonly available.

Go to:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Then to "Threaded Rods", then to "Threaded Rods and Studs", then to "Steel",

then to "Plain".  There you will find all of the commonly available steel
types.

Regards,
Harold Sprague