Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Seismic Joint + ETABS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Seismic Joint + ETABS
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:53:14 -0400
Reza Dashti wrote, “Even if this strap works fine in the first and second mode I am not sure=
about its behaviour in other ones. Of course everything will be worse if you have a structure with plan and vertical irregularities. So generally speaking and without checking out the actual detail and connections I keep the right to think twice (or maybe more , at least as many times as the no. of major modes!<) before using such connection”
We’re not sophisticated enough here in SDC B to do a modal analysis. We do strictly equivalent lateral force. But you have made me think about, and I have a note to myself to do a little research on what is allowed.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seismic Joint + ETABS
- Next by Subject: Seismic loading CD
- Previous by thread: RE: Seismic Joint + ETABS
- Next by thread: cyclic load ,isotropic hardening material,ansys