RE: Seismic Joint + ETABS

            Reza Dashti wrote, “Even if this strap works fine in the first and second mode I am not sure=

 about its behaviour in other ones. Of course everything will be worse if you have a structure with plan and vertical irregularities. So generally speaking and without checking out the actual detail and connections I keep the right to think twice (or maybe more , at least as many times as the no. of major modes!<) before using such connection”

            Reza,

                        We’re not sophisticated enough here in SDC B to do a modal analysis. We do strictly equivalent lateral force. But you have made me think about, and I have a note to myself to do a little research on what is allowed.

            Thank you,

            Jim Getaz

            Winchester, Virginia