Re: Re: Level of Detailing - round 2

I have been very busy and not able to follow all of the detailing discussions. I will say that architects not showing dimensions seems to be happening more frequently. I don't understand why since if they are correctly drawn, then the hard part has already been done and it take like 5 more seconds to draw a dimension line in AutoCAD.

I am in a situation now where early in the project the architect was not giving any dimensions and I had to scale his drawings. Then, he sent me an email reprimanding me that I "should never scale off of architectural drawings because it could be dangerous!"

The project went out and he had about half the amount of dimensions needed to build it. So now it has become an RFI nightmare for everyone. And, he is now recommending scaling his drawings to help answer the questions.

Will H.