Repair Detail of Moisture Retarder

I’m designing a structure which requires a new pad footing located within an existing slab.

How should I instruct repair of the vapor retarder?

Turn down the edge of the existing membrane and tuck the new membrane up behind it (on the vertical face of the cut) for some specified distance?

Seal the two membranes? If so, how and with what material?

A detail would be cool, but that would be beyond my expectations.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers