From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Repair Detail of Moisture Retarder
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:53:29 -0700

I'm designing a structure which requires a new pad footing located within an
existing slab.

How should I instruct repair of the vapor retarder?

Turn down the edge of the existing membrane and tuck the new membrane up
behind it (on the vertical face of the cut) for some specified distance?

Seal the two membranes? If so, how and with what material?

A detail would be cool, but that would be beyond my expectations.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS <http://www.AllenDesigns.com>

Consulting Structural Engineers